Addicted to Attention

kittygirl02

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone. I think I have gotten my female, almost 5 years old, Domestic Shorthair, Precious, addicted to attention. Here's what happened. Last night she begged me for attention about 5 minutes before I went to bed and then once I got in the bedroom, she started begging again. I had to tell her to give me a few minutes so I could get ready for bed but once I was in bed, she did her routine of scratching on the mattress and then jumping up there for attention. Well, I rewarded her for her patience with a full 25-30 minutes of non-stop petting. Well, she enjoyed it so much that 5 minutes after that session stopped, she came back for more. lol! But that is nothing. She has been known to come back 3 and 4 times in a row because she has enjoyed her petting sessions so much. lol! It's quite funny and cute all at the same time.

Are any of your cats addicted to attention?

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyGirl02

Hey everyone. I think I have gotten my female, almost 5 years old, Domestic Shorthair, Precious, addicted to attention. Here's what happened. Last night she begged me for attention about 5 minutes before I went to bed and then once I got in the bedroom, she started begging again. I had to tell her to give me a few minutes so I could get ready for bed but once I was in bed, she did her routine of scratching on the mattress and then jumping up there for attention. Well, I rewarded her for her patience with a full 25-30 minutes of non-stop petting. Well, she enjoyed it so much that 5 minutes after that session stopped, she came back for more. lol! But that is nothing. She has been known to come back 3 and 4 times in a row because she has enjoyed her petting sessions so much. lol! It's quite funny and cute all at the same time.

Are any of your cats addicted to attention?
Did you get much sleep?
Ginga sometimes begs for attention my jumping on the bed and scratching at it. We have a patterned bed and she thinks the pattern is real

Once she jumped through a the gap in between 2 banister poles. Although neither of my kitties have done anything like yours. Thanks for sharing this story with us ;]

Jackz, Jazzy & Ginga.

laceface

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cute! Cuddly cats are the best! My three attack as soon as you enter the room. They want to be pet, cuddled, loved constantly! I mean, they purr if they just see a person, and then meow till you pick them up. They are my cuddle bugs, and I love em!

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Zoey's not so much addicted to the attention as she is to the belly rubs. I swear I've NEVER encountered a cat who enjoys getting her belly rubbed as much as she does! She'll rub up against me, roll over several times till she finds the perfect spot, then look at me as to say "hey, lady, get the rubbin' already!" LOL! If I rub any other part of her (head, chin, back) she's not as "into it" and will walk away rather fast but with belly rubs, forget it! LOL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittygirl02

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The other night I was petting Precious again and this time I made her so happy that she decided to give me 2 or 3 head nudges. You know how they will put their head up against you and just hold it there for several seconds, well, that is what she was doing. I have read somewhere before that this is a sign that they love you. I love it when she does this as it is just so absolutely adorable and I really do feel loved when she does this.

silva_unt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Neko LOVES attention! She follows me everywhere i go and she's already 1! She also paws at me, like a little tap, "hey, excuse me, down here!" This usually means pet me or play fetch with me. But she mostly mostly wants my attention when i'm sleeping and i have about 20 min til the alarm clock goes off. She nudges my hand with her head and starts to knead my arm which hurts! This wakes me up and i'll pull the sheets over my arm. She also has started this wierd habit of biting, not hard, but puting her mouth over my leg, hand, arm, or armpit!! This goes on every morning, never fails! I guess she know this will wake me up and either pet or feed her. Smart girl

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nuts demand his daily massage from Paul. Since his neuter Paul has felt so bad for him he gives him one whenever he wants. I told him that he is now going to think he is getting a massage whenever he wants. It's true, but it doesn't matter, they're worth it. He also loves to walk up to me when I'm on the computer he'll gently tap my arm and give a little meow like "excuse me, I'd like some attention."

Both him and Attitude love attention. Luckily they don't wake us up for attention or food.

Taryn

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like Precious loves you!
What did you expect when you named her Precious?

Holland seems to be addicted to attention only at the most inconvenient times... like when I'm working on the computer, when I'm sleeping, or when I'm getting ready to go somewhere...
If I want to give loves, she gives me the grumpy kitty look.

kittygirl02

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silva_unt

My Neko LOVES attention! She follows me everywhere i go and she's already 1! She also paws at me, like a little tap, "hey, excuse me, down here!" This usually means pet me or play fetch with me. But she mostly mostly wants my attention when i'm sleeping and i have about 20 min til the alarm clock goes off. She nudges my hand with her head and starts to knead my arm which hurts! This wakes me up and i'll pull the sheets over my arm. She also has started this wierd habit of biting, not hard, but puting her mouth over my leg, hand, arm, or armpit!! This goes on every morning, never fails! I guess she know this will wake me up and either pet or feed her. Smart girl
I am not sure but I think I have heard of this biting thing. It is supposed to be a sign that they love you. It's the way that some cats show their love for you. My cat, Precious, will lick my arm or fingers to show me that she loves me. Or she'll do what I call a "head bump" or a "head nudge" which is when she'll press her forehead against me and hold it there for several seconds. This is another way that a cat will show you that they love you.

Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

Sounds like Precious loves you!
What did you expect when you named her Precious?

Holland seems to be addicted to attention only at the most inconvenient times... like when I'm working on the computer, when I'm sleeping, or when I'm getting ready to go somewhere...
If I want to give loves, she gives me the grumpy kitty look.
Hehehe. Yeah, I named her Precious because she is very precious to me. I love her so much. She's "mommy's little girl".
She can be very affectionate sometimes.
Of course, it seems like about the main time that she wants attention is when I have gone to bed and am trying to say my prayers!

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a cat named Precious too! She followed me home one night in January. She absolutely loves attention and her and I have a special bond. She is unlike either of my other cats. Mittens and Monster like attention, but only when they want it. If you try to pay attention to them when they aren't in the mood for it you will walk away disappointed or thinking they don't like you.

Precious is very different. She seeks out attention constantly. She spends most of her time curled up with me or on me. Since she's had her kittens she doesn't lay with me very often but I know she is more devoted to her babies than anything else right now. She follows me around.. When I leave and come back she is always right there waiting and greets me with a little purr/meow thing. She always rubbs on my legs and headbutts my face and nose and hands, she likes to lick my hands too.. Even if she is just sleeping or doing something else if you start to pet her, she will purr and want the attention. If someone was able to/willing to pet her non-stop all day and night, she would never get tired of it. She is willing to put up with anything just as long as she's getting attention.. I can pick her up like a baby and cuddle her, I use both hands to hold her face while I kiss her lips and nose and give her nose kissies (rubbing my nose on hers). She loves belly rubs..Before she got pregnant, she always slept in bed next to me or on my back or chest, or on BF. She wakes me up when I am sleeping by rubbing her face on mine, licking my lips and nose, or pawing at my mouth, and purring in my ear. If she's getting attention, she's in Heaven. I like paying her a lot of attention, so I do, and she's happy and so am I.

kittygirl02

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KiTTYL0VE4

I have a cat named Precious too! She followed me home one night in January. She absolutely loves attention and her and I have a special bond. She is unlike either of my other cats. Mittens and Monster like attention, but only when they want it. If you try to pay attention to them when they aren't in the mood for it you will walk away disappointed or thinking they don't like you.

Precious is very different. She seeks out attention constantly. She spends most of her time curled up with me or on me. Since she's had her kittens she doesn't lay with me very often but I know she is more devoted to her babies than anything else right now. She follows me around.. When I leave and come back she is always right there waiting and greets me with a little purr/meow thing. She always rubbs on my legs and headbutts my face and nose and hands, she likes to lick my hands too.. Even if she is just sleeping or doing something else if you start to pet her, she will purr and want the attention. If someone was able to/willing to pet her non-stop all day and night, she would never get tired of it. She is willing to put up with anything just as long as she's getting attention.. I can pick her up like a baby and cuddle her, I use both hands to hold her face while I kiss her lips and nose and give her nose kissies (rubbing my nose on hers). She loves belly rubs..Before she got pregnant, she always slept in bed next to me or on my back or chest, or on BF. She wakes me up when I am sleeping by rubbing her face on mine, licking my lips and nose, or pawing at my mouth, and purring in my ear. If she's getting attention, she's in Heaven. I like paying her a lot of attention, so I do, and she's happy and so am I.
Awwww! That is adorable! My Precious also will not reject attention. She does not beg for attention though. Sometimes she will want attention and come up to me and meow to tell me she wants attention and usually I will give it to her. I love my Precious. She's a very sweet cat.

silva_unt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KiTTYL0VE4

She wakes me up when I am sleeping by rubbing her face on mine, licking my lips and nose, or pawing at my mouth.
Neko does this too!! Licking my lips and chin and pawing at my face when she's purring. I don't understand the pawing? I thought maybe she doesn't want me petting her, so i stop and she moves her head to my hand. I pet her again and she starts purring and pawing at my face, with claw, ouch!

KittyGirl02, glad the biting is a sign of love!! She loves me bunches, lol