ACV and Possible UTI

TeacherCatMomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok so yes I know step one my kitty needs to go to vet… I’m trying to avoid the big bill… my husband will kill me but our five babies are our babies. Just need to try something at home first then he won’t complain…

my 10yr old female cat.. smallest of all five
JerryAnn
Struggling to pee I think… I wasn’t sure if it was urine or bowels at first but I’m pretty sure it’s ruined now.
She paces and goes to box then pads I’ve laid on floor then moves to anything we’ve left on floor such as paper, bags, clothes, blankets, pillows etc…
so we’ve had to make sure to pick up everything even shoes and cat toys

She sits straining for long periods may get a trickle or two out
We separated her last week and gave her privacy in bathroom with own water and food etc and pee pads and she peed overnight seemed better
Then started again today
So we are going to switch to wet food for everyone
I’ve added 2 extra water bowls and seen where u can add ACV to water or food or give by syringe.
Only one of five cats drank the ACV water and it wasn’t her lol of course
So I put some in a baby syringe and gave it to her twice then fed them gave her separate food and own plain water dish.
After first bite of food she puked I’m pretty sure all the ACV water I had given her in syringe. Then ate some food and took a nap.

many suggestions?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Just need to try something at home first
To help everyone, I'm thinking, can you give her unflavored Pedialyte? It won't address the issue but will help give her a little more strength.

Pedialtye.

There's this too
she had a UTI several years ago, and I found holding her on my lap, and rubbing her belly seemed to help take her mind off of having to constantly pee

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
ACV is not going to do a thing for your cat if she has a UTI - and, I am not surprised at the reactions you got from your cats.

Most vets will allow you to bring your cat in so they can collect urine for testing without an appointment. That won't preclude the cost of the urinalysis, but will avoid the cost of an appt. They can test to see if there are bacteria in her urine to suggest she has an infection and then prescribe an antibiotic. Call them and find out if they will let you walk in for a urine sample collection.

If she truly has a UTI and is straining to pee, she is likely in pain, and there isn't much you can do but to get her professionally treated.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I found this thread which discusses the use of Marshmallow Root in the last post. Also, that same post refers to a link that does discuss ACV, but note that it has a caveat that you must know what your cat's PH is because supposedly it will only work if the urine is too alkaline.