Actual Kitten Being Introduced To 13 Y/o Kitten

nycfosterqueen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys. Boy, it's been a crazy few months. 6 months ago I only had one cat, Fronk. My soul best friend. He always seemed really lonely and was excessively vocal, so I started to foster cats about a year ago. We'd have cats come and go, and he was so chill about it all the time. Introducing new cats to him was never an issue.

On April 16th, my beloved boy died of carcinomatosis... something I didn't even know he had until the vet told me he wouldn't survive the night when I took him in for acting a little funny that morning. My world was shattered.

At the time of his death, I was fostering a sweetie pie senior kitty named Jean Louis Magoo (named by yours truly). She had NO problems adjusting to Fronk, and they were best of friends. She seemed to enjoy having a roomie. Then following his death, she seemed very very clingy. The month following, I got a call from my foster org with an emergency kitten situation. I agreed to foster the kitten because Jean Louise did just fine with my other cat. Also side note, I decided to adopt Jean Louise because she and I bonded very much.

Anyway, foster kitten AKA Ruth Bader Ginsburg is the sweetest thing. She follows my feet around the house. She REALLY loves Jean Louise and doesn't do the normal kitten stuff of jumping and wanting to play with Jean, but rather follows her around and respects her space and creeps (I say this lovingly) out of admiration. Ruth Bader Ginsburg has zero issues adjusting to the situation and seems to be having a blast, but I'm noticing Jean Louise hide more (which I am allowing) than usual. She also isn't her perky, purry self. Them being allowed in the same rooms has only been 2 days, so maybe I just need to give it more time. Both kitties are eating, and for the last two nights, they're actually both sharing my bed to sleep with me at night. IDEALLY, I'd love to keep Ruth Bader Ginsburg. However, Jean is my priority and I don't want to do anything that would cause my older girl harm. Am I doing the right thing? What are the signs that this would DEF not work out?

Note: there have been hisses when Ruth runs up too quickly behind Jean, but no swatting or growling whatsoever. Thank you so much everyone. RIP baby Fronk :(

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like you. More people should give cats full names.

No hissing, no growling, no running away, sitting on the same bed, after only two days = overly anxious cat momma. Relax, smoke a ... er never mind that last bit. But definitely relax, sounds like this is going very well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nycfosterqueen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! I am definitely overly anxious LOL. Appreciate your wisdom :)