accidental anal gland express?

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay. . .weird. But my 1yo cat just fell (not from high up though) against the edge of a trash can and this super smelly brown liquid shot out of her. She doesn't seem hurt and after some research, I think the angle of impact caused her anal glands to express.
I've never experienced anything like that. Does that sounds probable?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I think it is possible, not even from the angle, but from the surprise of the fall in general. Keep an eye on her to make sure she is OK. And, watch her stool - most cats express their glands during the act of defecating, and sometimes that isn't always successful if they are not having healthy, well-formed stool.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi! I think it is possible, not even from the angle, but from the surprise of the fall in general. Keep an eye on her to make sure she is OK. And, watch her stool - most cats express their glands during the act of defecating, and sometimes that isn't always successful if they are not having healthy, well-formed stool.
Yep, I am watching her. But she literally only fell about 1 foot down. But she fell backwards and couldn't right herself. Her poops are always great. She's been walking and playing normally since. . .she just spent a long time grooming right after.