Abnormal Kittens That Stumped Vets

gbeilke

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I’ve never made a post like this so hopefully this is ok. Anyways I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of what could be happening with my kittens. My outdoor cat gave birth to a litter of kittens in April maybe May and then had another litter in August. Now the issue is the litter born after is twice the size if not larger than the first set of kittens. The first litter had 4 kittens, one died at birth, we gave one away, and we still have the other two. I’ve been around cats most of my life and I’ve never seen any with such abnormalities. The one kitten has severe dental issues and the other has severe bone issues. The one with dental issues is a somewhat decent size, still smaller than usual, but it’s sinuses are a mess, can’t seem to smell properly, difficulty eating food that’s not soft, gunky eyes and nose, teeth that look way to small, and when first brought to the vet, they couldn’t even tell it’s gender?? And the one with bone issues is the tiniest cat I’ve personally ever seen and I don’t think he’s grown at all in months, his front legs curl significantly inward when he walks, they will not stay straight, his back legs work better but they’re kinda floppy, his back is also a mess, hunched and not straight at all. They also both have issues with their claws, they get stuck in everything. They both never groom themselves. They also both rarely meow and when they occasionally it takes me a second to identify it’s from them because the meows are so tiny and high pitched. Just curious if anyone has seen or dealt with something like this before because I’ve taken them to vets and unfortunately the vets were stumped. They did some testing and it turned up nothing so at this point I’m at a loss and just want to know if anyone has any ideas or suggestions. Thanks

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
As far as the front legs curling, people call them twisty cats; their condition is caused by a rare mutation related to polydactylism. Technically, the condition is called Radial Hypoplasia (RH) when the front legs are twisted and Femoral Hypoplasia (FH) when the rear legs are twisted.
However, without any pictures to look at, that's my best guess on the legs.