Abandoned Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, we took baby kitteh's litter box in the bathroom away yesterday. He's using the big box with no problems, we thought he might be a bit scared to use it at first because the dog's crate is in the same (large) closet but so far no problems! It's nice not to have the box in the bathroom, he was really bad about tracking litter all over it and kicking it out of the box. The box in the closet is an Omega Paw rolling one, so it's covered. We had thought he was using it before we took the smaller box away anyways. 

We are still keeping the toilet lip down but last night we had some friends over and one of them must have left it up. He came running out of the bathroom SOAKED, sat on my coat and started licking himself dry. Thank goodness he got out fine, we didn't even hear him fall in. All of our friends got a nice lecture about leaving the lid down after that. 

And now another picture. He falls asleep like this all the time. It's kind of funny, all of the pets will sleep like this on me but no one else. 

Another one of him sleeping:

And one of Meowzers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to get some new pictures of "the baby" and post them soon, he's so much bigger now!

I have some interesting news though. I had a lady in today who asked if we had found a kitten behind the store one day a few months ago. I told her that we did and that I took him home and he's part of my fur family now. She lives in the townhouses right near my work (a block or so away), apparently she was walking her dog to the mailbox and overheard a woman talking to another woman about her bengal kitten had gotten out and came back pregnant, she died shortly after having the kittens so the woman had to bottle feed them. Of course this was an inconvenience to her so she rehomed them all as soon as they were eating wet food, but couldn't get rid of the last one, so she left it in a box behind the vet's office because they would be able to find a good home for it and she didn't want to be bothered with it. Our store is two doors away from the vet's office and it's very hard to tell from the back which door belongs to which business, so it doesn't surprise me that she thought our door was the vet's. The lady was going to come in sooner and let us know, she actually shops here regularly, but she was in a car accident a few days after she heard about it. 

It explains a lot about the baby (we still don't really have a name for him, although we call him Gremlin quite a bit). He's extremely cuddly and loves to be held and coddled. He's also getting quite big, he's very long and lean as well, so the bengal would explain that... It was interesting to talk to this lady about it, but I'm still not sure how I feel about it.