A Wee Bit Cross Eyed

ganesh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Horribly cross eyed actually. Chirps at the laser beam, hunts down dust bunnies, chases paper balls, greets me at the door and has the cutest meow eVar; I don't like talkative cats, but I make her beg just so I can hear her mewls. She's nowhere near being a cuddly snuggle bunny like her famed Ragdoll brethren, but I'm working on winning her over. 

She's not my first, but she's my first pure bred kitty.

Nice to meet you all. 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Nice to meet you too, Ganesh!

Just love that 'lady of the manor' pose (second one - well, both, actually..
).

We look forward to hearing more about you and your new friend.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ganesh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the welcome. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ganesh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love how belly fluff peeps out between their legs, especially on long haired cats. She wasn't in the best of shape when I got her, when you stroked her back it felt like you were rubbing furry speed bumps because she was a solid pound or two underweight. Looks like her winter coats coming in now she's getting even fluffier. 

Alas, not snugly in the slightest I'm afraid. She hates being picked up and has spit at me when I wouldn't put her down after escaping outside. We think the previous owners weren't that cat savy and neglected her in part because she doesn't fit neatly into the near mythological characteristics of what a ragdoll should be. I think her temperament is partly due to her being cross eyed; she might be seeing double, or getting dizzy because of her one really lazy eye. I have vertigo and a problem with something called accommodation (its and muscle eye thing) which is how I put two and two together and wondered if this is common to cross eyed cats. I imagine being picked up for her is asking if she's like to go on a  ride that makes her want to heave her kibble, not fun. I've been easing her into being lifted with a "too bad, so sad." and a kiss on the head. It's been hard because I wanted a cat that loved getting affection and would seek it out. 

Last edited: