A Stray Showed Up On My Doorstep Today...looking For Advice

Pixelated Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! This morning there was a stray cat on my doorstep, meowing at us for food. She is skittish, and therefore runs when we approach her. I left food in a dish for her and went inside. I saw her eating from the dish from one of the windows. After she was done she sat by some bushes about 20 feet away from the doorstep watching us. Pixie showed up on our doorstep the same way, but he trusted us immediately, and made the transition into being an indoor cat easy. Does anyone think I have a chance of getting this stray cat to trust us? I wouldn't mind having another cat, and I love the idea of rescuing another homeless cat. If there is a chance of earning her trust, how do I go about that? Thank you in advance!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone think I have a chance of getting this stray cat to trust us? I wouldn't mind having another cat, and I love the idea of rescuing another homeless cat. If there is a chance of earning her trust, how do I go about that? Thank you in advance!
Pixelated Cat Pixelated Cat - Every single person who's posted to this thread:

Fervour For Ferals.

thinks that you have more than just, "a chance," of bringing her 'round. Patience - especially once your newcomer is indoors, during the introduction process - is one of the keys. She'll have to be cleared by your Veterinarian before she can be introduced, of course, but assuming that she's healthy, there is absolutely no reason on earth that you can't make her a part of your Family. You already have the one skill needed to be successful: knowing how to Love. Everything else is just a matter of time.

Good luck with her - and please let us know about your progress!