A rose is a rose....

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
awesome! I am going to treasure that rose, Melissa!
BTW, love your long braided hair coming out of your welder's hat.
you go girl! So cool.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is awesome! I know you heard this alot but you are really pretty!! I also agree you should sell the roses they go like crazy at craft fairs in my area. Acutally all the metal sculpttures do. (I have been trying to get my twin to make me something for years, he's a metal sculptor as well)

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had no idea anything like this was even possible!!!! Sooo amazing, when I hear welding I usually think of something like making parts of a machine....this is too cool, I had no idea welding could be artsy like that
And the rose itself is very beautiful!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those roses are about the coolest thing that I've seen, and THANK YOU for sharing your pictures on how you made them. I so appreciate hand crafted items!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How totally thoughtful of you to share the process of making that AMAZING rose with us!!!! Like the others have said - that rose is beautiful and so are you!

It's just so..... creative! To have that skill and use it for such delicate work.... TOO COOL!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Wow! Thank you all so much for the extremely kind comments!

I estimate that it takes between 8-10 hrs to make one of those roses. I have looked on etsy just to see if I could have a unique product, but there are already a few people selling something similar and much more "finished" looking.
Sometimes the beauty is in the imperfections

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Sometimes the beauty is in the imperfections
I made a couple of roses awhile ago using a different type of welding that caused weld spatter. The roses were delicate enough that I couldn't exactly grind the spatter off, so I left it on and just said that the roses had "aphids" LOL

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

I made a couple of roses awhile ago using a different type of welding that caused weld spatter. The roses were delicate enough that I couldn't exactly grind the spatter off, so I left it on and just said that the roses had "aphids" LOL
that is cute. You do amazing work, The rose is absolutely beautiful