A reminder

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitten season seems to have come early this year. I am already seeing posts on social media from local rescues looking for fosters for orphaned litters and expectant mothers.

Please have your pets spayed and neutered. There's only so much that rescues and shelters can do. It is not cute to let your cat have a litter so you or your kids or cat can "experience the mericale of birth".

If you want to raise a kitten or litter please foster a litter for a local rescue. Your kids can watch a pregnant mother give birth and her kittens grow up while knowing that you are litteraly saving lives.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I read this might become an ongoing thing: longer kitten seasons due to climate change. Whatever the reason, thank you for this very important reminder.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, kitten “season” used to be just the warmer months. I’ve noticed for awhile now that it’s more like 9 months long.

Another reminder is to spay and neuter your own pets early. Kittens as young as 4 months old can conceive without ever going into heat, and male kittens can impregnate as young as 4-5 months also.