A November Public Service Announcement.....

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Did you turn your clocks back last night? :)

We went through the house. I have to do the cars later on this morning. I wish all clocks automatically flipped back and forth!

The cats were not amused. We put up with the yeowling until 4:45, when we said, "OK! All right, already!" and got up and fed everybody.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i had not turned my clocks back yet! thank you for reminding us!

it's only my old alarm clock near my bed and the stove's clock that need changing here. my computer and the alarm system clocks do that automatically. oh! i'll have to check the phone system too.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I changed the one on the wall in the dining room, the stove and the microwave. There is one over the kitchen door I have to get the stool. My Bose radio by the dining room door has been changed. Hubby does the cars and the bedroom clock.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I changed my alarm clock in my bed room and my kitchen clock. I never bother with the microwave or stove clock. I will change my car clock the next time I go somewhere.

Ellen

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I always change the clocks and my wrist watch the night before but for some odd reason did not think about it last night so I just did it this morning. As more and more states are considering opting out of Daylight Savings Time I'm curious what will prevail. How do you feel about this subject?

Here's an article I read in the Washington Post:
A bunch of states want to get rid of daylight saving time. Is your state one of them?

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The morning feeding was not fun! My kitten is still on the previous time and expected food an hour before I wanted to wake up :(

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
The morning feeding was not fun! My kitten is still on the previous time and expected food an hour before I wanted to wake up :(
:yeah: Same here. :cringe:

I changed my watch, clocks, and coffee machine last night but forgot the oven and electronic cat door. I need to go do that now. :soldier:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have mixed feelings about opting out. I don't like losing that hour in the spring. But I really love the super-long summer days. I work during the day, so being able to be out and about in the yard and the pool at night means a lot. Maybe after I retire and can be outside during the day, I'll feel differently.

Our cats were in a frenzy this morning, too. It always take them a while to adjust to the time change.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually start transitioning over to the new time about two or three weeks in advance, so it's not such a drastic change for the kitties. But this year we forgot, and their most Royal Highnesses were not happy this morning. :paperbag:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my own daylight time. The kittens are up at the crack of dawn and make sure I am too. In the summer, that meant 4:30 am. Now that the sun is coming up later, I get to sleep longer.
But the actual time stays the same, so they don't have any real adjusting to do.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I changed all the clocks, except the car.

For some reason, I forgot how to change that clock!!! :dunno:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I changed all the clocks, except the car.

For some reason, I forgot how to change that clock!!! :dunno:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can't remember how to do that. :)

It used to drive my son nuts when he was little. I'd have to drag the owner's manual out of the glove compartment and try to figure it out. Meanwhile, he'd just start punching buttons, and poof! Just like magic. Thank goodness he hasn't noticed how far off my clock is since I had to have the alternator replaced... :crackup:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I still have a few rarely looked at clocks that I haven’t changed. :paperbag:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that the days are shorter, Mingo wants to be fed at 4 pm instead of 5, but that can't be because of the clock. He must go by daylight.

The problem with staying on Daylight Saving Time is how it works in the western edge of the time zones. When we lived in Atlanta, this was tried (back in the Nixon era). It meant that the sun didn't come up until after 9 a.m., and a number of children were killed waiting for the bus in the morning darkness. We had to drive our elementary-age kids to school in the mornings.