A Helpful Poem

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful, and exactly like I have always thought and try to convey to others. They live everyday to the fullest, they find joy in just being alive to their very last breath. They live IN the moment, it is exactly as we should live, the future will take care of itself......

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cats live in Zen time, the Eternal Now. They are utterly present in each moment. I wrote a poem about Zen time, attributing my understanding of it to my Grandmother and my cats. I think the last stanza sums it up.

"But now, now, oh NOW is mine
The source of my serinity
No matter when I die I've lived
With serial infinity."

Cats are infinite.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I dread the day that i will wake up and find out something is wrong with my Bourbon, or that she has reached the stage where she would just be counting the days. Thought of it feels like something is crushing my heart, and tears just fall down my face uncontrollably, no matter if I am in a car or in front of my laptop at work. I know for a fact that most probably she will not live as long as me, and I have already said my farewells to several beloved pets in my lifetime, but still Bourbon is my spirit animal. Without her I believe my life would be an endless color of gray and black.

Just saying. :(

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It hurts, it hurts bad, but you will survive, because it is her will taht you go on to let her live through you. seh will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. NOTHING, not even death, will ever break that bond that ties your hearts together.....

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with most of that poem, but I DO think they know when they are not well, I DO think they know when they are suffering and I DO think they know at the end, when its "time". And they face it with grace and dignity.

This is based on my personal experience.

But I also think they handle death (both their own and their "cat mates") better than most people. They do live in the moment....arnold doesnt seem to care about RRSPs or the stock market.

We can learn a lot from them.