A Feral Or Stray That Loves Being A Home Cat

Irenesed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
476786A5-A5B0-452A-97F2-84DDAA39EFAE.jpeg
about four months ago I brought home a stray/feral. She would always be sleeping and eating the cat food on the patio and so finally just picked her up and brought her in. Brought to the vet and to get her fully checked.

She is loving life as an indoor cat. I believe she was a house cat at some point as she was too friendly to be feral. Let me pick her up after three days of feeding.

So Anybody who thinks of taking in strays, please do so!! Best decision of my life.

Two pics Before and after. Look at how skinny in the beginning and now happy as a fat cat!!
3816FD2D-F486-4B0A-A42C-EFEFC1965092.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Irenesed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One other thing...How can I tell the age of my adopted cat? The vet looked at her teeth and said 8 to 6. But it also could be that she’s been wild for awhile and the teeth are older then her real age is. Any advice telling the age?

She’s really active and talkative. Chases her light pointer every night for 10 minutes.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
:hellosmiley: Irenesed, thank you for taking in this kitty and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home :clap:

She does sound more like an abandoned kitty and not a feral. She sure looks good now under your care. What’s her name?

Teeth identification is one of the best ways to indicate the cat’s age. Since she’s still playful, guess she could be slightly younger than what your vet estimated.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're a very special person for taking her in! From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I work in the apartment industry and I see so many cats left behind when people move. They sit outside the apartment door, sometimes for months, waiting to be let back in, wondering why their human would do such a thing to them.

She's beautiful and looks a million times better under your care.

Thank you so much.

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, must be doing something right....almost looks like 2 different cats! Great work.