A Bit of Tenderness

MetalRaven

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There is a feral cat at my clubhouse. It is the offspring of another feral cat that was here. The mother was taken by someone who thought they were doin the right thing. They trapped the cat. It looked persian, long beautiful gray hair. Eventuality occured the Mother was put down. Now this offspring wasn't around, it had wandered elsewhere, but once in a while it would poke its head over the back porch to see if its matriarc was around. My friend called it a crackhead. (Behavior) I had had the Mother in a somewhat tamed and trusting way towards humans. It took a long time to do so. I am sad she is gone. This offspring "Grown" not pronounced Growen, n is nasalized and slightly silent. Its name not mine. It appeared after the Covid lockdown was lifted here. People brought me food to feed this new visitor. The people here call me a cat whisperer. After a years time and a lot of dedicated work the cat will get up on the picnic bench, and allows not just me, but others to touch and pet it. Of course the humans are warned that this cat has claws and teeth and will use them.
I know cats bite to show affection, and it has taken me a long time and lots of bites and sheding of blood to fineally get this feline to understand that it needs not be aggressive in its affections. It is still leary of most people except those who tend to be around me. Recently the cat went under the deck and didn't come out for just over a week. No kittens. Then just recently there has come into the picture a fluffy white can. I believe it has been owned at one time as it does not possess extreem fear of humans , but is extreemly cautious, and will flee is anyone comes near it. My Grown, is back out and back to being its mostly contented self. It does talk to me, however its meowing is very little. Recently for about the past 4 months, I have trained the cat to place its head upon mine and of course push into my face. Daring I know. The cat gets its treats this way, and the treats are seperate from food. It is sleeping on the picnic table, after a horrendous rain storm here in the south. I would appreciate any feedback on this. These are not the only 2 that I have somewhat tamed over the years. I really cared about the mother, and I really care about the child.
I'm sure it needs to wormed. I am extreemly poor, but I do have benefactors who are willing to help. The cat brings a sense of stability to people who need it around here.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for caring for these cats, I'm sure they appreciate it and need it. It's a shame homes can't be found for them but you are doing a good job. If you are feeding them can you get worming tablets or liquid to put on their food or better still, the pipette that will cover fleas and worms that is put on the back of their necks. Are there any no kill shelters that you can contact that will help?