8 Year Old Cat Keeps Pooping Inside...

SuperTNTDOG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have an 8 year old cat (we've had him since he was a kitten) he is neutered but goes outside during the day. Recently, in the past week he has been doing his business inside. He pooped in my bedroom, in my parent's bedroom, in the living room and in the bathroom! He has never done this before but why is he doing it now? 20170901_085834 (1).jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!
Do you have litter boxes for him inside? Set up a couple with some Cat Attract litter and a little unfertilized potting soil.
Be sure and use an enzymatic cleaner if you haven't already, that will be the best at eliminating odors and will be less confusing for him when you have litter boxes out, which you might want to show to him...
He's either in the process of moving to being an indoor kitty or maybe something scared him outside while he was in the midst of trying to do his business.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would also suggest adding a litter box or two inside for him. You could put dirt in one or sand and one with kitty litter (unscented). Could be something outside that is threatening or bullying him.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would suggest a vet visit. Often inappropriate elimination is often due to a health problem, urinary issues, or even constipation, or blockage. Cats will often potty in a bad place signaling something health wise is wrong. It can be behavioral, but more often i find it is a health problem. I would rule that out before i looked to behavior.