7mo Male Siblings W/ No Vaccines Help!

Gabriellapanda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
I’ve adopted 2 7month old male brothers who have never had vaccines and aren’t neutered. I will be neutering them, but as far as vaccines go which ones will they need? They’ve always been indoor cats and I also have 2 dogs. Please help.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Requirements vary depending on local guidelines but the FVRCP is a must for me. Rabies is usually required by most areas and isn't a bad on to get.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gabriellapanda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah rabies is one I’m looking to get as well. Thanks !

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet will help you with that. They definitely need their rabies (unless you live in a rabies-free country) and FVCRP shots. The Feline Leukemia shot is optional for indoor cats. Personally I don't get it for my cats.

What I do with newer cats is I take them to the vet for their shots, de-worming, and FeLV/FIV tests, then I schedule their neuter appointments while I'm there, usually for a week later. That way they have some time to recover from their vaccines but they aren't getting their shots at the same time as the neuter.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you get them from a shelter?? I’m surprised they didn’t fix them or vaccinate them...

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The FVRCP will likely need boostered in a 3-4 weeks after the first one, so don't be suprised if they want you to come back again for that.