7 week pregnant cat

1nl0v3w1thy0urm9m

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat, ginger, is around 7 weeks pregnant as has started nesting in the bathroom. just a few hours ago shes started scratching around in the bathtub like covering up something like in a litter box when she hasnt done anything? could this be laboring?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
my cat, ginger, is around 7 weeks pregnant as has started nesting in the bathroom. just a few hours ago shes started scratching around in the bathtub like covering up something like in a litter box when she hasnt done anything? could this be laboring?
It depends on how sure you are on the time table... 7 weeks is too early, although spontane abortions do occur occasionally.
It could be Braxton-Hicks contractions, but its early for them too...

My guess would be, the kittens had began to move in her, and it feels funny, so she tries to react.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1nl0v3w1thy0urm9m

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It depends on how sure you are on the time table... 7 weeks is too early, although spontane abortions do occur occasionally.
It could be Braxton-Hicks contractions, but its early for them too...

My guess would be, the kittens had began to move in her, and it feels funny, so she tries to react.
thank you!! im sorry if my post seemed rushed and confusing its just its her first pregnancy and my first time caring for a pregnant cat i didnt know what to do :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1nl0v3w1thy0urm9m

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i thought id come back and say that she had 4 healthy kittens 5 weeks ago!! two boys and two girls theyre precious