7 Week Pregnant Cat Not Showing?

Breeda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
I have a female cat that should be 7 weeks pregnant but her belly isn’t showing. She seems just a bit rounder, but not like I would expect. She isn’t pinking up, but I’ve hear of some not doing that. She usually comes in heat every two weeks, but hasn’t since she has been bred. I even saw her standing for the male while he bred her so I was sure she was pregnant. Is it possible that she is still actually pregnant? Or why would she not have came in heat for seven weeks after being bred? She seems be much more affectionate and loud, always wanting attention also.

She’s not a first time mother; this will be her second litter. Her last litter was about three years ago, where we were sure she wasn’t pregnant because her belly wasn’t growing at all. At the end of that pregnancy, around the last week, we had our suspicions that she really was pregnant, though only with one kitten since she hardly grew at all. She ended up having 4 small kittens!

So my questions is, what are the odds she is actually pregnant? And if she is, then why and how does she not show until the last few days?

Thanks so much!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No heat cycle usually means pregnancy. It may mean another small litter. You can get confirmation with an x-ray at the vet’s office. Is she eating well?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 7 weeks, pregnancy is far enough along that you should be able to see kittens on x-ray. Ultrasound is also a good method of pregnancy diagnosis, and allows you to see heartbeats. Or you can just wait and see.

How many times did she mate with the male? Did she escape from the house and meet up with the male before you could catch her, or did you breed her to the male intentionally? If there was just one mating, it is certainly possible that she may be pregnant, but she may also be having a false pregnancy. False pregnancy can last 9 weeks, just like a real pregnancy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Breeda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is eating fine, actually a lot more often than usual. She was bred several times by the male, and I brought her to him intentionally. she was with him for over 24 hours.

Breeda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No heat cycle usually means pregnancy. It may mean another small litter. You can get confirmation with an x-ray at the vet’s office. Is she eating well?
Yes, I think she’s actually eating a bit more than usual

Breeda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
At 7 weeks, pregnancy is far enough along that you should be able to see kittens on x-ray. Ultrasound is also a good method of pregnancy diagnosis, and allows you to see heartbeats. Or you can just wait and see.

How many times did she mate with the male? Did she escape from the house and meet up with the male before you could catch her, or did you breed her to the male intentionally? If there was just one mating, it is certainly possible that she may be pregnant, but she may also be having a false pregnancy. False pregnancy can last 9 weeks, just like a real pregnancy.
I intentionally brought her too the male and left them together for over 24 hours they mated several times

Hleddyx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looking for a follow up...was your cat pregnant?