7 Week Old Kitten Not Eating?

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is the first foster since my first that hasn't eaten.

He came from a litter that was found outside. When I brought him home he was very hissy with me, and seemed to freak out and hiss at me. I kept him in a tent and then introduce him to my other two cats. They both responded to him well and the kitten started purring. Although when they made fast movements the kitten also jumped back.

I put some water in a bowl out for him and some raw food, eventually I saw him go for the water, but overnight he didn't touch the food.

Today in the morning didn't seem any different. I tried to bottlefeed him but he didn't take to it well at all and choked at it. So I just poured the kmr into a new raw food bowl and left it in his tent when I went to work. Will check back on him during noon.

Any advice on what I can do to get him to eat?

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will let the experts give you suggestions, that is not my expertise. ;) I just want to ask were there no other litter mates to be found? If you said that you would be happy to adopt one of the kittens, is there any way you can add another one of his siblings? I would guess that he would feel much more comfortable if he were with one of his litter mates.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I will let the experts give you suggestions, that is not my expertise. ;) I just want to ask were there no other litter mates to be found? If you said that you would be happy to adopt one of the kittens, is there any way you can add another one of his siblings? I would guess that he would feel much more comfortable if he were with one of his litter mates.
Not adopting, just fostering them. I would take on others, but I really can't due to my apartment's rules.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He needs wet kitten food - not raw - at seven weeks old. You can even offer Gerber turkey or chicken baby food on your finger or a shallow plate. Most kitties love baby food.

Hold off on the raw for now. He’s too young and not used to eating anything yet.

He will also need dry kitten chow available 24/7 and 3-4 wet meals daily.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He needs wet kitten food - not raw - at seven weeks old. You can even offer Gerber turkey or chicken baby food on your finger or a shallow plate. Most kitties love baby food.

Hold off on the raw for now. He’s too young and not used to eating anything yet.

He will also need dry kitten chow available 24/7 and 3-4 wet meals daily.
I just got back home, and he did finally eat. Although he left most of the weruva untouched, and ate all the raw. I heated up some more raw and he ate it. Will try offering the weruva again in a bit.

At this point he still hasn't used the litter box yet, but will hopefully soon.