7-month-old Snowflake Needs Surgery For Pectus Excavatum/fck

Tinycat000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you have any sort of advice, or if you could share this in any sort of way, you might be able to help save our cat Snowflake's life
Most of my information on the matter is here, and I'll keep you all updated there:
Saving snowflake (Really important - please share)
I have a discord group dedicated to spreading awareness and sharing advice on cats with PE/FCK. I, and others, will talk to you directly here if you have any experience, if you're looking for experience, or if you have any questions: discord.gg/UFAWEEX

This site has helped a lot before, but snowflake is still in need, and now I want to help people too - Thank you..

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just re-read the entirety of the earlier thread you started about Snowflake (Please Help Save My Kitten), and I have some questions:
  • Did you finally find a vet who's familiar with FCK?
  • Did you ask that vet about the vest advice you received here, and did you ever try the vest?
  • Short of the surgery, which you don't yet have enough money for, what are you doing for Snowflake to keep her around long enough to get the surgery?
  • What about Bella? Is she still around, or has she starved to death in the midst of plenty? (Please note: I'm not accusing you or your family of starving Bella, nor has anyone here. I'm saying that the last we heard Bella was eating everything she could, and still losing weight, i.e. starving, and no one knew why.)
  • Did Bella ever get spayed, or does she still need that?
  • And perhaps most importantly, have you read this article: No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life? If not, please do so now.
Margret

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Margret Margret has given great advice!

In addition..

To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tinycat000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've just re-read the entirety of the earlier thread you started about Snowflake (Please Help Save My Kitten), and I have some questions:
  • Did you finally find a vet who's familiar with FCK?
  • Did you ask that vet about the vest advice you received here, and did you ever try the vest?
  • Short of the surgery, which you don't yet have enough money for, what are you doing for Snowflake to keep her around long enough to get the surgery?
  • What about Bella? Is she still around, or has she starved to death in the midst of plenty? (Please note: I'm not accusing you or your family of starving Bella, nor has anyone here. I'm saying that the last we heard Bella was eating everything she could, and still losing weight, i.e. starving, and no one knew why.)
  • Did Bella ever get spayed, or does she still need that?
  • And perhaps most importantly, have you read this article: No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life? If not, please do so now.
Margret
Yes, we've found a vet who is familiar with FCK. They say that she's a candidate for surgery, but not for a less taxing vest. We're doing everything we can for snowflake as she's a very important member of our family, sort of like a therapy cat.. We love her like she's blood. We make every effort to get her frequent vet visits so that she stays happy and healthy, and spend lots of our money on her so that she can have everything she needs. e.i, things like her kitten milk (as recommended by our vet) that we make ourselves. It makes her really happy and gives her a little energy.
Bella is completely fine now, I'm not really sure what that phase was all about - she never showed any signs of real illness or danger, just kept losing weight for a while as well as eating way more than usual, but then stopped all of a sudden. Now bella is happy and healthy too, and has resumed wanting constant cuddles <3
She has an upcoming appointment to be spayed as well.
I'll read that artical soon, sorry for replying so late, it's really busy over here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tinycat000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Margret Margret has given great advice!

In addition..

To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money.
Sorry if this was against the rules or anything, I wasn't aware ;A;
Of course it's up to everyone to spend their money the way they would like to spend it, and I know it's risky to donate like this. However, I have provided several articles of proof, and will keep updating every time there's something new I need to add. Sorry again, we're really desperate to help Snowflake and this site has helped us in the past ;;

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Sorry if this was against the rules or anything, I wasn't aware ;A;
Of course it's up to everyone to spend their money the way they would like to spend it, and I know it's risky to donate like this. However, I have provided several articles of proof, and will keep updating every time there's something new I need to add. Sorry again, we're really desperate to help Snowflake and this site has helped us in the past ;;
No, it isn't against the rules. This is a generic note added after all pleas for money in this forum. :)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
My boy has pectus excavatum and scolosis of the cervical spine, which looks similar to the xray I have seen of your girl. All of his litter died and I asked the breeder if I could take him home. I used a great deal of massage and physical therapy. Had I have known of the vest I would have used that. The reason everyone was asking about the vest is because it is obviously nowhere near as invasive. One of our members, @catwoman707 , actually devised a vest and has had success with it. Neonate With Pectus Excavatum
The problem is that early kittenhood is the time to work with developing ribs. By now it is too late.

When your girl was a kitten she looked in a great deal of distress. Has she been suffering all this time?

I'm surprised that the vet is recommending surgery. Sundar recently had two teeth removed and needed to be monitored very closely under anaesthetic as the compromised chest is a big worry. Snowflake's surgery will be long.

Last edited: