7-month-old cat

Necokitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

My cat is 7-month-old, and she is past her due date. I have been keeping track of her dates since she mated, and it's been 71 days as of today. Before anyone says anything about spaying her, I had made an appointment to get her spayed as soon as we adopted her. While we were waiting for the appointment date, due to certain circumstances, she had become pregnant. Her stomach looks fine, and her nipples are pink and enlarged. The only thing that changed is her diet. She used to love eating a lot, but after she became pregnant, she doesn't eat as much but she still eats moderately. I have not seen the babies move in her stomach as I have experienced it with my other cat. She does not act differently and I have not seen any difference in her body. She behaves normally. I let her walk in our backyard, to get her moving around a little, and she will play around when she feels like it. So, everything looks normal from outside. So, I am not sure if the babies are okay or if she is okay. Please give me some advice.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please get your pregnant kitten checked by a vet. The vet can check for heartbeats and run a scan to see what’s what. 71 days is past due if your dates are correct. Poor thing should not be having kittens at 7 months, though I hope all turns out okay. She may need a C-section. Please keep us posted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Necokitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please get your pregnant kitten checked by a vet. The vet can check for heartbeats and run a scan to see what’s what. 71 days is past due if your dates are correct. Poor thing should not be having kittens at 7 months, though I hope all turns out okay. She may need a C-section. Please keep us posted.
Thank you very much for the input.