6mo neutered Tuesday 1/25 not eating

Dazai724

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my oriental shorthair neutered 1/25 at 6 months old. He came out surgery fine and the two days after ate and drank fine and took his pain medicine. He had 3 days of pain medicine and the last day of it 1/28 Friday he barely ate enough and took it. He has been sipping water barely and hasn't eaten since then (so no eating Friday night, Saturday or today). I can't tell if his spot is infected or something and whenever I put food by him he does something word with mouth, spots it out, or ignores. Please need advice. I attached pictures of it Thursday vs today (Sunday)

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
If he's not been eating that long I'd suggest going back to the vet, asap. Both to have a better look at the neuter site, and for a general wellness exam/bloods. Cats are at risk of hepatic lipidosis if they starve for 3+ days. He most likely needs fluids, possibly antibiotics. Really need to determine why, exactly, he isn't eating, as well.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! Definitely get back to the vet, as much as for the lack of appetite as anything else. Please let us know what happens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dazai724

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: I took him to vet hospital and he had blood in his stool. They checked and it looks like something is stuck in his colon. They think he may have eaten his litter or something he wasn't supposed to. He got fluids and is on anti-nausea and anti-diarrheal medicine. Watching him to make sure everything goes well and waiting for call from to see what his x-ray showed