6 week kitty female or male??

Cr@zyAnim@lL@dy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recently came into 2 six week kittens I was wondering if anyone could tell the difference the momma was an orange and white tabby. I know most orange kitties are boys (I’m a sucker for orange pudds!) they also are polydactyl kitties!! Never seen one!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cr@zyAnim@lL@dy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm. I’m thinking a boy, but I could be wrong.
More of a cream color. I was thinking she might be a girl because there is more of a slit then a circle. I originally thought both were girls

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
You may have to wait a few weeks to be sure. I think the first one is a boy. The fuzzy butt is harder to tell, but I'm leaning toward boy on that one as well.

The actual split between red boys and girls is about 75/25. You get a red girl only when the dad is red and the mom has some red in her (can be calico or tortoiseshell).

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, just a trick of the light then, that makes sense. This end is a lot cuter! Orange mamas can only have orange or tortie babies so I was suspicious about where a gray one would come from, lol.

Yeah the opening isn't perfectly round but there's space for his testicles to grow in, girls don't have that space.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cr@zyAnim@lL@dy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, just a trick of the light then, that makes sense. This end is a lot cuter! Orange mamas can only have orange or tortie babies so I was suspicious about where a gray one would come from, lol.

Yeah the opening isn't perfectly round but there's space for his testicles to grow in, girls don't have that space.
Yeah momma had one orange two cream and one tortie. And I already have two orange pudds myself.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Yeah momma had one orange two cream and one tortie. And I already have two orange pudds myself.
Assuming all the kittens have the same dad, all of the red/cream ones will be boys. The only way you get a red girl is if the dad is red, and the only way you get a tortie is if the dad is not red.