6 Month Old Kitten Acts Crazy

Denise phillips

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 6 month old kitten acts obsessed and crazy when my female pregnant cat comes in side! The older cat can't eat ,sleep,walk nothing because the younger cat is on her constantly stalking her or face in her butt or just being near her!! The older cat can not stand the younger cat!! Oh and fyi the younger cat did all these things before my older cat was pregnant. What can I do to stop this insane obsessive behavior and why is she acting like this!?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's because of pregnancy hormones.

Can you please keep your pregnant cat inside and in her own room for now? She cannot give birth outside safely.

Is your six month old kitten spayed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Denise phillips

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's because of pregnancy hormones.

Can you please keep your pregnant cat inside and in her own room for now? She cannot give birth outside safely.

Is your six month old kitten spayed?
No she's not spayed. But the kitten was acting like this before my older cat was pregnant. I've had her 3 months. My pregnant cat is due any day and I'm afraid she will refuse to have them inside because of the kitten. I don't know what to do

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As said above, move the pregnant cat inside and keep her in her own room. Set up a nest, put a litter box in there, and make sure that she has unlimited access to food and water. She must stay in.

Your kitten now has hormones going on as well. She is old enough. She needs to stay inside and be spayed as soon as possible. She can get pregnant now and is much too young.

Do you plan to spay? Do you need help finding a low cost clinic?

Denise phillips

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As said above, move the pregnant cat inside and keep her in her own room. Set up a nest, put a litter box in there, and make sure that she has unlimited access to food and water. She must stay in.

Your kitten now has hormones going on as well. She is old enough. She needs to stay inside and be spayed as soon as possible. She can get pregnant now and is much too young.

Do you plan to spay? Do you need help finding a low cost clinic?
I really do need to get her fixed and also my older cat when her babies are wein. This is my older cats first litter she's 4 year old an had never been outside till we moved to a new house now we can't keep her in

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you fix the situation so they both stay inside? It's really extremely important.

Denise phillips

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you fix the situation so they both stay inside? It's really extremely important.
I've def been trying to keep them both in. As soon as one of the kids open the door or me and my husband she's waiting an the door barley opens an she runs out. She refuses to use the litter box the kitten uses so I'm gonna go get her one of her own an put it in my bed room. That's where the older pregnant cat has always slept at is my room. So if I get the older cat her own litter box and food an keep her in my room then she will have to have her babies in the house. But if the kitten will have access to her and her babies she will probably have them outside?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They both must be kept inside. Yes, put the pregnant cat in your room and explain to your kids that she must stay there. Do not allow the kitten in.

When can you get the younger cat spayed? I would not wait any time at all.

Denise phillips

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They both must be kept inside. Yes, put the pregnant cat in your room and explain to your kids that she must stay there. Do not allow the kitten in.it cost almost 200$ to get cats spayed here in south east mo unless you adopt them then it's only 80$ of course my cats have always been inside cats till we moved a few months ago so i never had this problem. I just went an bought a separate litter box for my room an she wants no part of it. She goes to the door to go out when she needs to use the bathroom

When can you get the younger cat spayed? I would not wait any time at all.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is the city closest to you?

Mom will get used to using the litter box inside. You can add cat attract litter to help draw her to the box.

Keep them both inside. Kittens are much, much more expensive than a spay. Their health is at risk.

Denise phillips

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What is the city closest to you?

Mom will get used to using the litter box inside. You can add cat attract litter to help draw her to the box.

Keep them both inside. Kittens are much, much more expensive than a spay. Their health is at risk.
Sikeston Missouri is the closest place