5 Mo. Old Male Suddenly Crying For A Couple Hours At Night.

jsmith125

Lucifer is my fur baby <3
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Lucifer has in the past few weeks, for some odd reason, started crying around the house once the sun goes down. Usually only for a couple hours, and never any other time but dark. We have yet to get him fixed but plan to quite soon, I have read that they might do this because of reaching maturity, but was looking for other opinions. The only other time he cries is early in the morning for food, and even then if I don't get up he will quite down. When he's out of the room during the day he doesn't walk around crying either. And once we go to bed and he's in the room with us he stops as well. I'm unsure if it's an attention thing or he's trying to call out to female cats; he's indoor only. Any insight would be helpful!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, he is feeling the urge to get out and find a female. This can happen as early as 5 months. He is needing neutered as soon as you can, spraying the walls will most likely follow soon. Being indoors does nothing to stop nature, a tom will find a way to get out, get more aggressive at times, and be constantly restless. Do him a favor and get it done, males bounce right back to normal within a day!