5 day post spay, is it healing well? (Pics)

RebeccaAndTheGirls

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 8 year old, Kesi, was spayed Monday. We've been keeping her confined to a bedroom since. She did try to jump into a window day 2 but other than that we've kept her from being active. She had pyometra when she was spayed. I haven't let her lick it, she has gotten one lick in twice now. With her having pyometra, they did say her incision is longer than most cats. My question is, is it healing correctly? Because this is the first time I've had a cat spayed so I am a little paranoid. We took her back for a recheck on Wednesday and they said it looked normal.

20210806_133318.jpg

20210806_133256.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RebeccaAndTheGirls

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also I did just call the vet and send photos to them of this as well. If they can't tell I may be subjecting her to another vet visit in the morning 😪

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does look a bit redder than I'd prefer, but I can't tell if that's just razor burn or bruising or a sign of infection. I also can't tell if the white stuff is glue or pus. The incision itself looks like it's healing well, though. . .it's just the redness and white stuff around it I'm not sure about. It's good you're having the vet take a look. At her age, and with it being a pyo spay, it's best to keep her under close medical supervision.

RebeccaAndTheGirls

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I believe it is the glue, it's hard to the touch it's not wet. I'm just paranoid because I don't want it not to heal right lol. I feel crazy. Thank you for replying

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks ok to me, seems to be healing well. Is it swollen, any redness , weeping or a bad smell. Does it seem to be bothering her? They are the things to look out for.

RebeccaAndTheGirls

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks ok to me, seems to be healing well. Is it swollen, any redness , weeping or a bad smell. Does it seem to be bothering her? They are the things to look out for.
No swelling, no redness. It is slightly pink. Not warm to the touch and seems dry, no weeping. Also she doesn't seem to be in any pain at all. Like I said maybe I'm just paranoid lol. Thank you for the reply!