5-6 Week Old Kitten Teething?

kmwolf563

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a new foster litter or three 5-6 week olds who I've had for 10 days. One girl, Lumi was gaining weight slowly, 2 1/2 oz in a week, so I boiled up some chicken tenders to add to her food. She thinks it's candy. She's gained another 2 oz since Saturday. Although she's not a great eater, tonight she refused dinner. She hadn't eaten since 12:30 when I tried to feed her at 5. Absolutely refused. Finally at 9:30, she ate a little Wellness kitten wet food and then some shreds of chicken by hand as usual. Usually she is vicious in trying to keep me from giving her brother and sister from getting some. Tonight, I had to give her smaller pieces which she did eat, and she didn't care if the others got any. I remember with my litter of 7 last winter, that I had a day or two with one of them when one didn't eat well and I wondered if teeth were coming in and bothering her. Any thoughts on this?
IMG_2733.JPG
ThWFh8VkSUaJ2WKexNHGqA.jpg
fAZcVBC5TfmQAYttvYrlhg.jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my goodness, they are DARLING!!
I read that you could freeze a wet washcloth or there are toys designed for this and give her that to chew on, it will help her sore gums to feel better.
Soft food if she'll eat it, maybe warmed up?
Maybe kitten glop? Some unflavored Pedialyte? She needs nutrients....good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kmwolf563

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lumi FINALLY ate some very small pieces of chicken last night about 10:30. Then this morning she seemed back to normal. We'll see how lunch goes. And lost 1/2 ounce.. She can't afford that.....

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Try some kitten glop, there are recipes on the internet. Same for Pedialyte...