$5.00 Cookbook Sale at Taste of Home

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could order. I love Taste of Home magazine and I was prepared to order 2 books on Diabetic cooking, but when I accessed the quote area for shipping to Canada, the shipping is $20.00 for the 2 books, which is more than the 2 books cost.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Would you be interested in buying them, having them shipped to me, and then I'd ship them to you? I don't know how much that would cost, but am willing to do it for you. You probably wouldn't save all that much, but the offer is there, if you're interested.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would you be interested in buying them, having them shipped to me, and then I'd ship them to you? I don't know how much that would cost, but am willing to do it for you. You probably wouldn't save all that much, but the offer is there, if you're interested.
Thanks! I appreciate the offer.  But I don't think it would save me much if anything. Between shipping to you, and then to me, it would likely amount to the same thing.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
ToH has free shipping if you order a certain amount. I told people at work about it and put in an order for $135....not all mine, by any stretch; there were five of us. And we got free shipping (with no taxes). The only thing is that it will take at least four weeks for the books to come, but that's OK.

I doubt they would do free shipping to Canada, though.

The offer is there, if you change your mind.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm.... My Mother's birthday is coming up and she loves their magazine!  Last year we got her Cooks Illustrated after suggestions from here (she loves it!).

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
See, now I'm not crazy about any of their magazines....they used to be really nice, but since Readers Digest took them over, it seems that it's way too full of ads. I do like some of their cookbooks, though.

Glad your mom likes Cooks Illustrated; I think it's a wonderful magazine. My MIL subscribed to Cooks Country for me last year as part of my Christmas present and I really like that, too. I like learning things and there's not an issue of either one that I haven't learned something.

And since Rick added those tv stations for me, there's a PBS channel (Create) that features Julia Childs and the Cooks Country tv program. I watch those as often as I can. I've always been a big Julia Childs fan.....last night, Nancy Silverton was on and she made the best looking brioche sticky buns I've ever seen. Man, they looked yummy.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Glad you were able to take advantage of the deal. I got a few cookbooks and some gardening books, too.

I've been collecting the Contest Winning books (some excellent recipes in that series), so was glad to get the 2011 one. I also get all the Healthy Cooking annuals (used to be Light & Tasty), but the 2013 book isn't in that deal. I ordered it for the regular price, but it's out of stock right now. Oh, and I got the Great Potato Cookbook (I think that's what it's called; it seemed interesting) and the Comfort Food diet book. I really like the big Best of Country Cooking books, too.

I wasn't going to get any, but Rick told me to go ahead; I haven't bought any cookbooks in quite a while.