4 weeks old kitten

Sweetlifeofcats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
there’s a cat that we feed and she has kittens now. One of her 4 weeks old kittens fell on the porch from about 4 feet high. The mother feeds them on our porch sometimes now. We don’t own them but I’m still very worried about the kitten. I can’t take them to the vet because they’re not too friendly. The kitten was running around playing and still nursing. Should I be worried?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
there’s a cat that we feed and she has kittens now. One of her 4 weeks old kittens fell on the porch from about 4 feet high. The mother feeds them on our porch sometimes now. We don’t own them but I’m still very worried about the kitten. I can’t take them to the vet because they’re not too friendly. The kitten was running around playing and still nursing. Should I be worried?
They are usually quite sturdy. So if he is not only nursing, but also running around, he should be OK.

But why do you worry? Is he visibly limping, or shows others signs of being hurt?

Otherwise, as you apparently want to help them, it would be swell you do it. Ie, TNR the momma, and try to foster the kittens. As kittens they are fairly easy to socialize and foster. Take in them, say when they are 5-6 weeks, when they are able to eat themselves (easier for you), and not too difficult to caught; but still are well under the 8-weeks limits.
After they are 8 weeks its more difficult to socialize them.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with StefanZ StefanZ the kitten sounds fine! How old are the kittens? It is sometimes easier to trap the kittens when they begin eating cat food because they will go inside a trap or pet crate to eat. Then you can socialize them and get them spayed and neutered. Otherwise, they face a sad life and will continue to breed.

Thank you for feeding mom and for your concern!