4 Week Old Kittens Transitioning To Soft Food *help*

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all. I have been fostering 5 kittens since they were 3 weeks old. They have been on a bottle since the day we brought them home. They are now 4 weeks old, and definitely ready for slurry. They viscously chew the nipple now, and don’t wanna suck, more just lick the milk when I squeeze the bottle. My only problem is, they show NO interest in eating soft food. I’ve tried slurry, just plain soft food, chicken baby food. Nothing, they turn there nose up at everything. The only thing I can trick them into eating is the baby food, but I have to mix it with the milk, and they just eat it like regular formula.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get them interested in soft food! Any help would be wonderful. Thanks in advance

Sammie

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Honestly, they probably need another good week or so before they are ready to lap the slurry from a flat plate or dish.

You can continue to put them in front of the food, even see if they will lick from your finger initially.

They will definitely begin to lap when they are ready, but most kittens are ready in the 5-6 week range.