4 Week Old Kitten Gone Limp

emmakeo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi my 4 week old bottle fed kitten was fine at 7am he went toilet drank all his milk burped and had a cuddle while he fell asleep i went to feed him 4 hours later and he was limp and unresponsive seemed warm from cuddling his sister who is fine and fit as a fiddle so far we managed to drip about an ounce of water in him with manipulating his gag reflex he started moving a bit half way through then all of a sudden he went frantic and started trying to run but kept falling to the side i managed to calm him and warmed him against my chest after about 45 minutes we decided to try him with some watered down kitten milk he took about 5ml but was frantic and hard to control also when he is trying to walk his head is almost on the floor any advice please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emmakeo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
managed to get him to eat more and he seems fine or at least better more aawake and interacting with me but i'm still worried did he get dehydrated or cold maybe

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dehydration could certaintly have caused the symptoms, but so could a lot of other things. Can you get some pedialyte to give him, as well as the water? That should help. If he isn't significantly improved in a few hours, get him to a vet. They are so VERY fragile at that age! Lighting a candle for this kitten!
000000000000000.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emmakeo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
he seems back to normal now if a bit clingy god that was scary i thought i had lost him and have no idea how he managed to fight his way back he ate a full bottle this morning and a good bit of water and he did a huge wee which i was very happy about (isn't it weird the stuff you get excited about when its a tiny baby)

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
If he seems lethargic again you can try smearing some honey on his gums! It gives quick energy!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
(isn't it weird the stuff you get excited about when its a tiny baby)
OH YES! And to a slightly lesser degree, all cats, any cat. I've spent more time in the last 2+ years applauding poop that I would have thought possible. And lying awake worrying about eye boogers. Every thread I read draws me in, and I fret and worry about the sick ones until they are well again!

YAY KITTEN! YOU GO, LITTLE BABY BOY!