4 kittens, 4 cats, advice needed

CeleryStalks

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
I’ve been feeding 4 cats ( approx 9 months old) and just found 4 kittens ( 1-2 months old???)
Mother cat died.

Would like to keep possibly 1 or maybe 2 kittens, (currently have 1 house cat)

what are my options for trapping them?

Best trap to use?

Obviously would have a vet check them out,

How would you transition a newly orphaned kitten to a home environment without having them tear up the house?

I don’t want these cats/kittens to have the same fate as their mother.

thanks for your assistance

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is no answer, but some thinking aloud.
So these first 4 cats are outside cats; they really dont belongs to the question? You are simply telling you do care about ferale cats. (ps. how is it with TNRing them?).

How is it with your resident? Is he adopted ex ferale? If not, fully vaccinated?

If not either, be sure kittens gets quarantine, not just a vet check up.

Quarantine is not a big problem, its part of the answer how to do not to get them tear apart the flat... One step at a time.
But prob they wont tear up the flat, they will be essentially as any kittens, but more shy... So they will sooner hide and take it easy, sooner than scratching on everything and climbing up everywhere...

The day they do begin with climbing everywhere, you know they have accepted living inside in your home.

At this age they shouldnt be difficult to foster. But dont wait, its easier to foster and socialize when they are younger.

You having an resident will make it easier. They will see you are friendly with the resident, and will take example.