3 Week Old Walking Funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fosterkittenmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am fostering a 3 week old male kitten he recently had a seizure and now is walking funny he is walking more so on his back legs than on his actual feet he is extremely small we believe he is the runt but are not completely sure his eyes are open and so are his ears any help on what may be going on would be appreciated

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Thanks for fostering the kitten. A seizure sounds pretty serious, especially for a kitten that young. Is the shelter you're fostering for aware of the kitten's issues? Will they approve a vet visit? For a kitten that young, I think professional advice/examination is needed.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree he needs to see a vet. It could be a virus, it could be bacterial, or neurological. The seizure is concerning.

It could be a vitamin or mineral deficiency. Is he getting plenty of kitten formula? What does he weigh? Does he eat well and poop and pee normally?

A round of antibiotics would rule out bacterial. Has he been wormed?

F Fosterkittenmom

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It could even be its too hot... and or too little hydration.
How is it with temperatures over at your place?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Fosterkittenmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: a vet visit was approved but kitten did not make it in time. Had another seizure and passed away. Thank you all for your help in trying to help.
I am fostering a 3 week old male kitten he recently had a seizure and now is walking funny he is walking more so on his back legs than on his actual feet he is extremely small we believe he is the runt but are not completely sure his eyes are open and so are his ears any help on what may be going on would be appreciated

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Such sad news. We'll lock the thread now out of respect for your loss. He was only with you a short time but in case you'd like to post a tribute to him in our Crossing the Bridge forum, the link is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.