3 Week Old Kitten.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the link. I read it but there is no possible way I can get another cat right now. But I do love on him almost constantly. He cries if he is alone.
I understand. I just thought the article might be helpful, since you are thinking about getting another one later.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lunatasi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. It won't be to much later though. I am waiting until he can go to the bathroom completely by himself and can go longer before eating again. Right now, I'm getting up every 3-4 hours to feed him. He also has the run from the food change so I have to keep him clean.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. It won't be to much later though. I am waiting until he can go to the bathroom completely by himself and can go longer before eating again. Right now, I'm getting up every 3-4 hours to feed him. He also has the run from the food change so I have to keep him clean.
I took care of one that age, someone had thrown it in the dumpster. It is hard work. Hand raised orphan kittens grow up to be very bonded with their human mother.

Lunatasi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I took care of one that age, someone had thrown it in the dumpster. It is hard work. Hand raised orphan kittens grow up to be very bonded with their human mother.
That's so sad. The same happened to my mother, only with a puppy. She worked in a breeding facility and someone dumped her because her legs were deformed. Mom took her home and she lived into old age. And it is hard work. I can't even pee without him crying because I had to put him down lol. He is already very attached to me. He sleeps up by my neck and purrs so loudly until he goes to sleep.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We would love to see a picture of your kitten when you get a chance! :)

It does sound like he may need treating for parasites and worms with the diarrhea.

Lunatasi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is my baby boy. I'll be calling the vet tomorrow for an appointment to make sure he doesn't have any worms or to start a treatment for worms.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He’s just precious! :lovecat2:

He may need treating for worms and parasites. It’s two different things. The vet will know. :)

Lunatasi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He’s just precious! :lovecat2:

He may need treating for worms and parasites. It’s two different things. The vet will know. :)
Thank you. I'll be sure to call them in the morning. He's currently sleep on my chest. How do I make him less scared when I put him in his home for the night? I have a "padding" blanket and my blanket in his home. My blanket has my scent on it. He also has his litterbox in his home along with a stuffed rabbit and two kitty toys. He has started playing.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe, he is so cute! A heating pad wrapped in towels is good too, if you have one.

Lunatasi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do have one! It has like a fuzzy material on the heating pad. Do I still need to wrap it? And is it alright to leave it on overnight? He is cute! I was torn because I wanted two. Him and his brother. But hubby said no. We can only afford one kitty right now. <3

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You still have to wrap it up so they don't get burned. The kitten lady has a bunch of video's on kitten care;

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Heating pad set on low is good for the night. Is he in your room at night in case he needs you?

Lunatasi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You still have to wrap it up so they don't get burned. The kitten lady has a bunch of video's on kitten care;

Thank you so much for this. I appreciate it. He does have a heating pad now and he sleeps on my fleece sweater and doesn't cry nowhere near as much as he used to.

Lunatasi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Heating pad set on low is good for the night. Is he in your room at night in case he needs you?
He is not in my room but I do get up every 2-3 hours to check on him and get him fresh food and help him potty.

Lunatasi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You are a wonderful cat mom... :rock:
Thank you so much :) I am so nervous about Fading Kitten Syndrome though. I used to foster kittens and I have had a few die from it. I couldn't handle it anymore so I stopped fostering :(

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Did you find about the deworming (if that is what he has)? He is TOO adorable!!!! That is too funny about not being able to pee without him meowing for you!! What a precious bond you have already...

Lunatasi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did you find about the deworming (if that is what he has)? He is TOO adorable!!!! That is too funny about not being able to pee without him meowing for you!! What a precious bond you have already...
I have a vet appointment scheduled for this week for him to get checked out to see if he has worms. And our bond is pretty strong. He meows for me and when I stick my hand in his box, he climbs up my arm lol. ^_^ he tries to climb up my leg if I'm sitting in my computer chair.