3 Month Old Sick Kitten

WFLAIRE

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I'm a newbie at taking care of kitten, so my baby girl is Luna who is 3 months old. We rehomed her when she was about 2 months old. We went to a vet after noticing that she takes a long time esting her food and one of her eye was goopy. The vet diagnosed that since she hasn't taken any vaccine, she would be more prone to illnesses. She has conjunctivities and upper respiratory illness cause we noticed she sneeze a lot at random times all throughout the day. She was given 2 vitamins, an eye drop, and a nebule to be taken. Idk why she suddenly started not eating her wet food which I usually put 0.5ml of vitamins before we went to the vet. The doctor recommended we up it to 1 ml of vitamins and I tried letting her take it orally but she resists too much so the only solution I found was mixing it on her wet food. I've noticed that she wasn't almost eating her food yesterday and today. Lastly, I started oanicking cause she was puking all the cat kibble she has eaten and it was very alarming cause she's so little and she seems like she puke all that she had eaten. Does anybody have a clue on how to help my kitten?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kittens eat by smell. If she's got an upper respiratory infection, she may be congested and can't smell her food. Get some smelly canned food, add a few tablespoons of warm water to it, and mix it up. This should warm it up enough to make it smelly and she might eat it. Plain meat baby food is also good in times like this. I even give it to my older kitties when they're having issues eating. Make sure it doesn't have onions or garlic and is all meat. We get turkey and chicken for our group. You may also try elevating her bowl by placing it on a couple of books or something like that. It helps if they don't have to bend all the way to the floor to get their food, especially if they're kind of snotty.

You can try steaming her in the bathroom to help break up congestion. Get the bathroom good and steamy and then sit in the bathroom with her until the steam dissipates.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's possible too that she is vomiting the medicine and vitamins she was given. Not sure what they are, but you might mention to the Vet about the vomiting, if it is new since you started adding those. What is the nebule?