3 days post spay

lo979

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat recently got spayed and I am noticing this tiny little bump. The day I picked her up it was already looking like this. Should I be worried or is it just the way it is healing?

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Little bumps and lumps like that are perfectly normal after a spay, Skin rarely goes back exactly like it was. What I do NOT see, and which is a very good thing, is an angry red, puffiness, or oozing pus. Now, she may ooze a bit of thin, clear fluid, either colorless or pale yellow. That is serum, and is part of the healing process. Actual puss is thick, and either a whitish yellow or green. NONE of that visible!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks fine, healing well. There is usually a lump or two after the operation, nothing to worry about as they will disappear in time. Just watch for redness, weeping or a bad smell. If you are unsure, you could send a clear photo to your vet for his opinion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lo979

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks fine, healing well. There is usually a lump or two after the operation, nothing to worry about as they will disappear in time. Just watch for redness, weeping or a bad smell. If you are unsure, you could send a clear photo to your vet for his opinion.
Okay well since then I feel like it has gotten worse. It looks scabbed over but is extremely irritated and pink. It is not hot to the touch and does not have a smell.

Attachments

lo979

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay well since then I feel like it has gotten worse. It looks scabbed over but is extremely irritated and pink. It is not hot to the touch and does not have a smell.
It looks as if it is scabbed.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry I had to be away for a couple of days. How is she now? It does look a bit inflamed. Is she wearing a cone? If not, it could be from her over-grooming the area. I'd give your vet a call, and see if you can email the photo to him to see if she should come in. It isn't HORRIBLE yet, by a long shot, but redder than I'd ideally like to see.

lo979

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry I had to be away for a couple of days. How is she now? It does look a bit inflamed. Is she wearing a cone? If not, it could be from her over-grooming the area. I'd give your vet a call, and see if you can email the photo to him to see if she should come in. It isn't HORRIBLE yet, by a long shot, but redder than I'd ideally like to see.
Took her to the vet. It is a little infected so caught it on time. She was given oral antibiotics and I bought her a metal crate with her favorite blanket so she is not bouncing around like she normally does. So far she has been content and a sweet girl.

Attachments