2nd Litter On The Way.

Crazy cat mama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So from the beginning. I adopted a kitten from the shelter, she was the runt of the litter found outside. The mother was feral and they put her down . At the same time we were feeding an outdoor stray that became very attached to us and ended up pregnant and literally haveing her kittens on my front door. So we ofcourse brought them all in. She had 4 babys 2 girls 2 boys. All was good then all of a sudden my cat that I adopted from the shelter got really sick, it was fib. We had to put her down. Then the runt of the litter also came down with the same fip. And it's so rare that its unusual for 2 cats to have it in the same household. But we tried everything to make her comfortable until she got to bad we knew we had to let her go also. Both of those kittens were the runts of the litter, but unrelated genetically. We kept all the other kittens and the mama. Who was at first an outdoor cat. She ended up escaping and is now pregnant again. Due in about a week or maybe sooner. The rest of her kittens we still have and they are doing great. But how do I know the new ones aren't going to get sick too. I know it's very rare disease but if mother is a carrier it's possible since we really know nothing about her past or health. I have read about fip and nothing is absolutely positive about how its transferred. We have been through so much with losing the 2 already I cannot go through that again. And we cannot keep these new kittens either. We already have 5 cats and 2 dogs. Idk what to do. I dont even know how to find people to take the kittens once they weaned because I'm scared they might go through the same thing I had to. And it was heart breaking seeing them like that. I'm just trying to do the right thing and help this stray who trusted us enough to have babies on my door step and now is pregnant again. Accidently she escaped when we were in the process of moveing. What should I do?

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So from the beginning. I adopted a kitten from the shelter, she was the runt of the litter found outside. The mother was feral and they put her down . At the same time we were feeding an outdoor stray that became very attached to us and ended up pregnant and literally haveing her kittens on my front door. So we ofcourse brought them all in. She had 4 babys 2 girls 2 boys. All was good then all of a sudden my cat that I adopted from the shelter got really sick, it was fib. We had to put her down. Then the runt of the litter also came down with the same fip. And it's so rare that its unusual for 2 cats to have it in the same household. But we tried everything to make her comfortable until she got to bad we knew we had to let her go also. Both of those kittens were the runts of the litter, but unrelated genetically. We kept all the other kittens and the mama. Who was at first an outdoor cat. She ended up escaping and is now pregnant again. Due in about a week or maybe sooner. The rest of her kittens we still have and they are doing great. But how do I know the new ones aren't going to get sick too. I know it's very rare disease but if mother is a carrier it's possible since we really know nothing about her past or health. I have read about fip and nothing is absolutely positive about how its transferred. We have been through so much with losing the 2 already I cannot go through that again. And we cannot keep these new kittens either. We already have 5 cats and 2 dogs. Idk what to do. I dont even know how to find people to take the kittens once they weaned because I'm scared they might go through the same thing I had to. And it was heart breaking seeing them like that. I'm just trying to do the right thing and help this stray who trusted us enough to have babies on my door step and now is pregnant again. Accidently she escaped when we were in the process of moveing. What should I do?
Oh you Lovely, Lovely Gal, you have had a run of it, haven’t you? First, breathe! We will find some folks here who can help with each issue, you are doing so much good, despite what it may seem. You are just wonderful and you are making such a difference to little lives, and to them you mean the world. :cheerleader:
I will check a little later about each of these things, you’ll need help and advice with that awful disease, but don’t beat yourself up- somethings are just out of our control. Then you’ll need help with spay and neuter and homes for kittens. Hang in there, you will be okay!!:heartshape:
Folks should be waking up soon and have some answers for you. :hellocomputer:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! I don't blame you one bit for being so concerned that they might have fip, but you don't know for certain. If you can, hang on to the positive possibility. :redheartpump:

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
People who are more knowledgeable than I about this will no doubt offer their advice, but one thing I would say is make sure the former stray is spayed as soon as possible, and get her kittens spayed & neutered as soon as they are old enough. Best of luck to you.