2 Weeks Orphan Kitten Not Gaining Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bali kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
@ stefan, somehow your messages didn't come into my email notification. So I missed it. The last one I got was from Maggie101 about the mother kitten in the bushes?

Anyway, thanks so much for that sweet message. I have been praying all this time I have these kittens...for health..then for miracle but...these past two days it was more for no pain and whether I'm doing the right thing. Since yesterday afternoon she didn't want to swallow anymore. I don't bother weighing her anymore. And this morning she is gone...

I was quite prepared for this to happen after the first one died. Was quite unattached with the whole thing. Until now while writing this to you it just hit me, it's crazy how grief can strike you at random moments. And I thought I've developed a tough skin by now. 2 weeks was nothing, but it felt like a lot lot longer.... I really praise and admire all of you fosters, what a dedication in time, effort and love. I have 2 kids, and know about sleepless nights. But caring for newborn kittens is a lot more difficult and so exhausting.

I hope I didn't stress her with all those forced feeding. But I think she was ok with it. I know cause the last 2 days she was really resisting it, closing her mouth much harder. I hope she felt some love in her short life.

Thanks again everyone. My daughter named her Chiara...

Unable to attach photo from my phone somehow. Will try my computer.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im deep sorry. RIP little Chiara. Yes she got love and she knew it. I think now her systems had began to shut down in the end. Its why she loosed weigh so quickly in the end and resisted more feeding...

Warm hugs!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bali kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Some photos of Chiara about 3 days ago.
Lots of love to all,
Natalie
IMG_20170911_163415.jpg IMG_20170911_162720.jpg IMG_20170911_163517.jpg IMG_20170911_162940.jpg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Å, a little beauty... Esp the fourth pics in the down right corner is nice.
We do have a subforum "Crossing the bridge", to give witness and homage to our dear late ones... You are very welcome to write some about her and your feelings in there, and put in these pics too...

Warm hugs!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
On behalf of The Cat Site Team, we are so sorry for your loss. :hugs: Threads are closed after a loss as a sign of respect. Please do consider posting a memorial thread in our Crossing the Bridge forum.

Rest in Peace little one. :rbheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.