2 month old male kitten peed on carpet

Lillygirl808

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I have 2 female cats and they get along with the male kitten I just got. I haven't had a male yet and I know they spray so anyways my kitten peed on the carpet I think it was an accident and he was neutered at 8 weeks. But my question is does anyone have any remedies they use for spraying to maybe prevent it just in case so it never starts? I use vinegar and water pray to clean up pee ( I also have a puppy my husband is training it works wonders!) But I know not to scold cats and discipline them plus I don't think I ever can lol but I want something safe for them but also effective where he won't want to pee/spray anywhere? He's not stressed he's playful and loving and using the cat box that I clean constantly so I think it was totally an accident but again just wanna be proactive and get ahead of spraying just in case! I know peppermint oils and junk are actually toxic to cats ! But has anything for you guys worked?? My kitten was neutered so young I don't he will. Anything will help 🥰

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi L Lillygirl808

I don't think that was spraying at his age.

How many litter boxes do you have? Ideally three for three cats but I would say two at minimum.
Even if you clean one box frequently it may not be enough. Some cats prefer to use a fully clean box or use one box to urinate and another to defecate.

If the box is not comfortable for a cat they may go outside the box.

Urinary tract or other issues can be a cause also but probably unlikely at his age.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do not use vinegar. It can burn the kitten’s eyes, mouth, and nose. It sounds like one accident thus far and he’s only 8 weeks old - still a baby. Just make sure he plays near his litter box.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
He's still very young, so he's probably having problems holding his pee until he reaches the litter box. Especially if he's playing and getting excited. He wouldn't be spraying at that age.

Vinegar is OK to use in the laundry, but it's not good to spray around cats. You'd be better of getting a proper enzyme cleaner. They're more effective at getting rid of the smell and they're much nicer to use in the house too. You won't end up smelling like a fish and chip shop.

;)

Try Nature's Miracle or Fizzion. I think both are available at Walmart.