2 Momma Cats - One Is Showing Aggression To The Others Kittens

MommaKittyKat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I have two, (not even a year old themselves), momma cats.
The one momma's kittens are 6 wks old, the others are 2 1/2 wks.
A little background:
Tink was originally a feral cat. She was 1 of 3 triplets. I tried getting them all use to people, so I could find them homes and we "adopted" her because she was the only one that trusted us enough to stay in.
Nahal came onto our property last summer, sickly, at about 3 months. I nursed her back to health and she's been with us since.
People seem to think, where we live, is a good place to drop off cats or kittens. I was raised with cats and cats having babies, so I can't not feed the strays and try to help. We don't have a lot of money, a d have a 5 yr old daughter, so spaying and neutering is a problem, especially with so many cats!
Back to my problem... Tink and Nahal have been the best of friends since we've had them. They still are!
The problem I'm having is Tinks kittens are roaming around now.
Anytime they get a little close to Nahal, she growls and hisses at them.
Do I need to keep her away from them?? I'm worried she'll hurt them.
Thanks for any advice

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suggest separating the two sets of mamas and kittens into different rooms for the next few weeks. Put each cat's food, water, and litter in each room. Small kittens do not need to roam around a whole house yet.

The mama of the smaller kittens is hissing as a way of defending her kittens. They may all be friends eventually, but it is too soon right now.

Also, do not let the mama cats out even if they go into heat or they will get pregnant again right away.

Do you have homes for the kittens?

If you give your city and state I will look for a low-cost spay/neuter clinic for you.

Thank you for taking in the cats. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MommaKittyKat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They were in different rooms. Tinks were in our master bath and Nahal our bedroom, but the kittens have migrated to our room.
The problem is, like I said, we have a 5 year old, who owns 95% of our house, 5% being our bedroom lol.
I thought about moving her to the bathroom and leaving kittens in our room, but Tinks kittens are right by the bathroom door.
We live in clearfield county, in central Pennsylvania. I've searched fb and asked friends and all I've found is mom's place. $60 for females.
As for placing the kittens, I will post them on fb. I've had great success in places other kittens, of neighbors, in furever homes.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm not understanding why the moms and kittens cannot be in separate rooms and stay there.

How do they "migrate"?

Can you close doors?