2 Litters At Same Time

Gemgem19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi guys
1st let me say a huge thanks for help with previous posts. It meant I knew exactly when my 2nd cat was in labour as she had a difficult 1st one and unfortunately lost it as it got stuck. And has helped me sex the 2nd litter with ease

And 2nd not sure if this should be posted here or in another section.

Here go

I had 2 pregnant female sisters that gave birth 8 days apart.
I currently have each litter in a separate room
My question is when can I place both litters in the same room? In separate nesting corners. Mum 1 is not bothered by my dog other cats or the other mummy cat.
Mum 2 had a visit from mum 1 a few days ago she slipped in while I was cleaning and got close to her nest and she didn’t react
so do I wait until I start the weaning process? or leave them in separate rooms for the duration?

Also can I use Velcro whelping collars on them? For Id purposes as some r very similar
Thanks in advance

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think you can put them in the same room now. I’ve heard of mother cats with similar-aged litters even sharing some of the parenting duties.

I think I would avoid using collars on them, even if they’re Velcro, I would be concerned about a kitten getting a limb stuck in the collar, which could end badly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gemgem19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry forgot to say litter 2 is 1week tomorrow (they were born 13th may) xxx

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I don't have enough experience with mamas/litters to answer your question about putting them together - or when, for that matter.

But, I thought perhaps, you could take video or pics of the kittens and use those pics as a way to help identify them all? You could capture the distinguishable differences (and, trust me there is something different about each one of them no matter how much they look alike at a glance).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gemgem19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They r different just hard to tell sometimes while they r sleep litter 2 is easy as I have a tabby, calico and ginger
Little 1 I have 4 gingers and 1 calico. Lol nearly the only way to tell 2 apart is by sex hahahahaha xxx