2 Kittens Orphaned Because We Touched Them?? Help

r.rihani

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I really need your help ok so theres a stray cat that had her kittens in like our basement where we dont really go there.... she had 5 kittens and I think they are some how around 3 weeks or so.. and we had to move them because we didnt want stray cats in our house .. they would pee everywhere if we kept them.. so my dad at first got 2 kittens with his hands and then my mom told him not to touch them because we were afraid they would be sick so we got the other 3 kittens with gloves and we put them in a box so that the mother would take them .. she took 3 but the 2 kittens which my dad touched are still here... whatshould we do... we cant keep them please help us

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cat moms usually dont abandon their kittens just because a human touched them. But I suppose if she can choose, she begins with these untouched....

So, wait calmly so the mom comes back. But if she doenst come back in the next few hours, you must take your responsibility. And either handraise them yourself - and foster. Which may be the very best for them. This way they will for sure land as loved home cats, be possible to adopt out.

Or you find someone else whom is ready to do this.

Observe, if you simply take them to a shelter, the danger is big they will be just pts. Unless the shelter is used to taking care of small orphans. Not all shelters are...

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where were you trying to move them? Just outside?

Where are you located? It would be best to find a shelter that can help this family.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
R r.rihani

Put all of the kittens together for the mom to nurse. Where are they now? Are you feeding the mom? She needs food.

They really need to go to a rescue shelter that can spay, neuter, vaccinate, and find homes.

Can you do that? I am happy to locate a shelter for you if you post your city and state.

DeweytheLion

The Biggest Smallest Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
Or even advertise on your local sale/trade group on Facebook that you have kittens needing a foster.
What's the news?