2 Cat Household..does Behavior Change If One Is Sick

Loriloveskitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just found out my baby Spike 9yo has lymphoma this week..the symptoms started a month or so back and at the same time my older cat Bella starting to pee outside of litter box..today she did it while I was in the room..we have been given spike extra attention too since he is so sick and won't eat..could that do it too? Don't know what to do for her don't want her stressed out. It's a double whammy.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I’m so sorry to hear about Spike. :alright: I hope he starts to do better soon. :crossfingers:

Stress can cause inappropriate elimination in cats, so that could be why Bella is going outside of her box. That being said, medical issues are another reason why cats will urinate outside of the litterbox, so I would recommend getting her checked by a vet, just in case. I’ll attach some articles that will give you more info about litterbox problems.

When Physical Problems Turn Into Behavior Problems

How To Solve Litterbox Problems In Cats: The Ultimate Guide

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Loriloveskitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for the info and the well wishes..:rock:they were very helpful..will call my vet..she was just cleaning Spike from head to toe..she has never done that before..the aura in the house is tense and sad..trying to do better with that..for all of them ..:redheartpump: