1982! Really? Yup!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My apartment doesn't come with a washer and dryer only the hookups.  I have thought about getting a new washing machine but I just can't bring myself to do it until this one wears out.  Remember I am the one that mopped up after the top loader I had before this one for a good year before I gave up.  The few old style agitator type top loading machines are actually the top selling machines, I seen that on Consumer Reports.  If that continues maybe more companies will give in and start offering at least one model like that.  I would gladly spend the extra for a Speed Queen because they are still the old fashioned agitator machines.  Unfortunately no one in this area sells them.  They are only available through one rent to own place and I am not going to pay that price for a washing machine.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

get a hammer and bust the seal around the door
 or disconnect the circuit board..
I so wish I could, but my luck, they would catch me doing it!!  Or they would give me a used one of the same kind, as punishment!! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
So we were out and about yesterday. Stopped in at Lowes for shock for the pool. And Dear Richard started looking at the washers. I asked him if we were really looking for a new washer; there's nothing wrong with the old one! And he said he is serious. We looked at a Maytag Bravos XL. With a PowerWash whatever. 5.3 cubic feet and it can wash bedding. I need to check on reviews, but thought I'd ask if anybody here has ever heard of them. 

I don't want a new washer....I think it's a waste of money when there's not a blasted thing wrong with the old one. Yes, it uses water; it's old. But it works. And it has lasted us a long time.

ETA: Just did a check on reviews; evidently, it's pretty useless. And it's discontinued!

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My experience in buying one of the new energy savers was a nightmare. It used less water, but clothes were not clean and twisted in knots. I always had to do an extra wash, so more electricity, more water, etc., more time. How are they labeled "energy savers?". If I had been a cursing person, the words would have been flying. Instead I was in tears. :nod: