16 year old cat with some balding/scabbing under eye

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can you give us any more information? I can't tell much from the pic. Does s/he scratch at it? Does his/her eye seep? Indoor/outdoor cat? Other health issues? Prior problems with his/her eye(s)? The more we know, the more we might be able to come up with some ideas. And maybe a clearer pic or two?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ElishaJones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you give us any more information? I can't tell much from the pic. Does s/he scratch at it? Does his/her eye seep? Indoor/outdoor cat? Other health issues? Prior problems with his/her eye(s)? The more we know, the more we might be able to come up with some ideas. And maybe a clearer pic or two?
Thanks for your response ☺ Unfortunately I’m at work now so I can’t take another photo. But no she’s not scratching at it, doesn’t appear to be bothering her at all. No fluid or anything from what I can see, she used to have watery eyes when she was much younger but nothing for years and years. The only health problems she’s had in recent times is a UTI but that’s been cleared up for a good while.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I guess when you get a chance to take another pic or so, that might help. The other thing I thought about is asking if you have tried to take a damp soft cloth and gently wipe away what you think is scabbing to see what happens. I am wondering if this might not be a tear duct related issue given its location.

ElishaJones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I guess when you get a chance to take another pic or so, that might help. The other thing I thought about is asking if you have tried to take a damp soft cloth and gently wipe away what you think is scabbing to see what happens. I am wondering if this might not be a tear duct related issue given its location.
Thank you, I will try giving it a wipe when I’m home from work ☺ But you’re right, very close to the rear duct

ElishaJones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just to update you! She had a sunburn under her eye bless her 😭