11 week old kitten losing fur on his nose

Savymarie14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all!! I just signed up so I could get some advice. I set up an appointment to get my new kitten Sully his shots/check his nose but the appointment isn’t until next Wednesday. (Very busy clinic) I just Sully a few days ago and he’s very playful and active and loves attention. Over the past few days I’ve noticed the fur on the bridge of his nose is starting to disappear. I was curious what this could mean or if anyone had ever seen anything like this before? I’ve very concerned because I never saw this on either of my other cats who are full grown now. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance!

A6DA4DA6-F329-4D5B-8009-040366B180FB.jpeg 821CB9C8-5EF9-40A7-8BBC-7C4DE03F493F.jpeg /

Last edited by a moderator:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!
I know this is an odd thing to ask, but could you just check that it isn't that his nose is wet and the fur is flat and not as coloured? I remember that happening to someone else, when their kitten kept licking their nose.
The other instance we had quite a while ago was throught to be stress, after a cat was moved to a new place.
But really, only the vet can give you a definitive answer.
He's absolutely gorgeous, by the way.:cloud9:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Savymarie14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!
I know this is an odd thing to ask, but could you just check that it isn't that his nose is wet and the fur is flat and not as coloured? I remember that happening to someone else, when their kitten kept licking their nose.
The other instance we had quite a while ago was throught to be stress, after a cat was moved to a new place.
But really, only the vet can give you a definitive answer.
He's absolutely gorgeous, by the way.:cloud9:
It appears his nose is flaking off/dry/dirty looking unfortunately. :( it seems to be getting worse and worse. I contacted my vet via email to get some advice. And thank you so much! 🥰

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It appears his nose is flaking off/dry/dirty looking unfortunately. :( it seems to be getting worse and worse. I contacted my vet via email to get some advice. And thank you so much! 🥰
Oh dear. Let us know what the vet says.
:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: