10 wk old kitten still has diarrhea after treatment

Nrosen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did feed him Fancy Feast kitten food but changed it due to the diarrhea and vomiting. Since it got better with the medication I didn’t think that a food sensitivity would be the cause but I will try that option out again.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s good to change the food slowly because changing it too quickly can cause runs too. Sometimes it takes a while after treatment for it to subside. It still could be food sensitivity in which case I recommend mostly a home cooked diet which I did for my boys who all have sensitive tummies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nrosen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That’s good to know! Would you mind giving me the recipe you made for your boys? Would he still get the same nutritional benefits as from eating cat food? Also thank you for your advice!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s good to know! Would you mind giving me the recipe you made for your boys? Would he still get the same nutritional benefits as from eating cat food? Also thank you for your advice!
Yes he would, yw 😀 I purchase the supplements here. I make mine based on a raw diet chicken and chicken liver but I cook the meat and then add the supplements. I add some pumpkin to their plates for roughage.
It goes according to pound of meat, oz of liver and grams of the supplement. She can help you choose the right supplement and amounts etc. I use the one with egg and with regular calcium. I weigh it on a special scale. If I cook 10 lbs of meat, it is 1.6 x 10 for the liver oz and 6.66 x 10 for the grams of supplements. My guys eat a lot! I make two dishes for the fridge and one gets frozen.

They also eat fussie cat when I don’t have time to cook their food but we are switching because it is very hard to get now and the price went up to the point of price gouging this week. So we are slowly/ carefully trying out some other grain free alternatives.

knowwhatyoufeed.com

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nrosen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I’ll be sure to look into that!