10 month kitten

Mitchn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I took my kitten to the vet yesterday and was told he had an infection from being neutered Friday and he gave him antibiotic shot and medication for his ears so he can start eating and drinking again so my question how long before he starts feeling better cause he’s still hiding under furniture. He is eating very little and drinking even less and hardly using his box to go potty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
There's no way to know for certain since every cat is different, (the vet didn't give a specific time regarding the stimulant medicine?), but if he's not acting a little more like himself, drinking and eating by tomorrow mid day I'd call the vet again. Hang in there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mitchn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He told me to give it by Friday and the antibiotic is suppose to last 2 weeks and he ate a little bit earlier but then decided to hide under a couch again but thanks for the reply back

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mitchn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Both articles were very helpful it just stinks of all the cats I have owned this is the first that has gotten infected after being neutered and it’s been a tough year before we got the kitten I had to put 2 cats down 1 was from old age and the other was from cancer so I’m more the worry type with him