1 yr old Poppet issue: tiny dab leaked clay-colored poop

WoodlandTabby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all,

Poppet has leaked three tiny, tiny, spots of clay-colored super-smelly soft poop in the past week, all within proximity to her box or right next to it.

I adopted her and big brother Max in March. They just turned 1 yr in June. Their adoption check-ups were perfect, she was spayed at that time, no complications - sailed right through. No change in her diet, great kitten energy, loves her brother-bonded pair, nothing amiss. Anal area is clean, no irritation, no prolapse, nothing. She's very petite.

They are both indoors only (formerly outdoors) and although I have nothing else I know about them, I can tell as they are just making the adjustment to indoors now, but both are extremely well-adjusted. I'm calling the vet to get her in this week, but has anyone had any experience w/this? Thanks, tons.
PoppetMarch2-2021a.jpg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Poppet is a beautiful and lucky little girl! What does her poop look like otherwise? Are these isolated incidences, but the rest of the time she is normal? Does she have diarrhea or constipation that you have noticed? Odor normally strong when she poops? The standard answer to the color of her poop is that yellow or clay color usually indicates liver or gall bladder issues, but I am certainly not diagnosing Poppet. She is in good health otherwise, and happy, so you are doing the right thing to call the vet to see if he would like to have her come in for an exam.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm inclined to think that she found and munched something that was mildly upsetting. Especially since it was such an isolated instance, and nothing after that. Keep an eye on her, and go ahead and call the vet, just in case she may be incubating something.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WoodlandTabby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That sounds about right! Thank you for your kindness :cloud9: - I've always adopted senior kitties, so kittens or "young-uns" have been a learned experience! Nothing today either. Will keep vigilant.:nurse: