1 week post FeLV vaccination and still sleeps all day

mokabean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm getting kind of worried. She had her 2nd booster of the FeLV on Saturday and she has been sleeping all week. She eats, drinks, and uses the litterbox. No inury on vaccine site. But prior to the vaccine she was full-blown kitten rampage pretty much non-stop. She will bat at a toy once or twice but then give up. Not sure if she is sick (eyes are a little glassy) or depressed because summer ended so my daughter is back to school and I'm back to work (teacher). My husband is retired and is home though.... Left a message with my vet, but I'm so broken-hearted. Is it normal to be still recovering from a vaccine after a week? This looks worse than my 2nd covid shot!
IMG_8936.JPG

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Such a pretty little orange girl, but she does look down. I am not sure that this reaction one week after the vaccine is usual...which means that it is not the vaccine or that she is having a severe reaction to it. Was she tested negative for FeLV before the first shot? If she is an indoor only kitty, this is not considered an essential vaccine. I did have a cat react poorly to this vaccine within the week after she took it years ago and I never gave it again to anyone....but they are all indoor only. Maybe her summer fun is over but it is not as if she is locked in the house all day alone. This might also be coincidental to the vaccine....meaning that the vaccine did no damage but she has something else going on concurrently. I would definitely talk to the vet. Good signs are that she is eating, drinking, and eliminating normally.

Allergic Reaction to Vaccines in Cats - Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, Recovery, Management, Cost

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mokabean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. She was tested 2 months prior when we adopted her. She is indoor, but the vet thought it was a good idea since there are a lot of ferals in the neighborhood so it would be good to protect her if she got out (and in reality, my others are indoor/outdoor so it's only a matter of time before she figures out the flap). Now that I think about it, she also got her first revolution treatment. I'm regretting all of it at this point.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
My vet will not give multiple vaccines at the same time, but has never mentioned that a flea treatment and vaccine were not okay at the same time. Is she any better today?